Membership – Join Us!
Of the holdings of the Museum’s permanent collection almost 50% consists of Asian objects spanning many cultures, historical periods and media. The ongoing gallery rotations from the permanent collection, coupled with periodic special exhibitions, provide a rich, stimulating and diverse visual experience for members and guests. The benefits provided to members of the AAC enhance this experience in the following ways:
- Our meetings feature programs by visiting scholars chosen to expand our experience and knowledge of objects in our collection, an exhibition, artist, medium or historical period. Click here for our lectures calendar.
- Opportunities to socialize with refreshments are scheduled at least twice a year. At the annual Heritage Luncheon and Silent Auction, socializing reaches a whole, new level!
- Members have an opportunity to join with others interested in an in depth study of topics related to Asian art with monthly presentations by Study Group members. Click here for the Study Group calendar
- Curator led tours of exhibitions
- AAC contributes to the support of cultural programs at the Museum that our members may attend free or for a reduced fee.
- We organize visits to Southern California institutions, museums, and private collections as well as travel to other museums of Asian interest around the nation. Click Tours/Activities to see current programs.
- We offer programs of dance and music in support of Museum exhibitions;
- We publish an informative monthly newsletter. Click to request an email copy of the newsletter.
The fee for all this is only $45 per year ($60 for a dual membership) after Museum membership.